Monday, February 18, 2008

Recipe: Pasta with Broccoli Rabe, Salmon, Capers, and Red Onion

I hope you can forgive me, but I forgot to photograph my dinner before I ate it! You'll just have to believe me when I tell you it was both colorful and delicious. I made this dish with Trader Joe's canned wild salmon, which was great and all I had, but I think it would be even better with a fresh fillet instead. While the pasta cooked, I just sautéed red onions and garlic in olive oil, adding the rabe (from Garden of Eden Organics, post to come) after they became fragrant, salmon, the juice of half a lemon, capers, and salt and pepper to taste. I did reserve about 1/2 a cup of the pasta cooking water to add in case the sautée needed some extra fluid, which it did. You might also consider boiling the broccoli rabe before sautéeing it and then using that water to cook the pasta if you prefer the greens quite tender; mine still had quite a bit of crunch after 5 to 7 minutes over medium-low heat.

Check back for my report on all the luscious greenery from Garden of Eden Organics farm.

1 comment:

Err Bloc Tuck said...

I love, yet hate, to read about delicious meals that I can't make here myself, so its probably best for me that there are no pictures. I can't speak for the others, however: we all know how little imagination Joey has, he really benefits from pictures...